Whoever heard of tornadoes in January?? Tuesday morning, the radio news broadcaster had news of a tornado in Kenosha, WI. I knew it had to be bad for the news people up here in the Northwoods to be talking about Southeastern Wisconsin.
Late Monday night, tornadoes caused serious damage to the city of Kenosha, the majority on the North side on Birch Road...my family lives on Birch Road!!! I'm so thankful that everyone was ok. I called my mom first thing Tuesday morning to get all the details. They closed Bose Elementary, which is where she works. At about 1 a.m. Monday night, she and my sister went outside to check out the damage. As they were walking back home, the weather sirens went off again and policemen started shouting for everyone to get home and take cover - it was another tornado coming! One of the buildings that was damaged, the roof actually was ripped off, was an apartment that I lived in with a good friend right near Bose Elementary School.
Tornadoes in January! Whuda thunk!
See following articles for more details:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22549196/
http://www.wisn.com/news/15002065/detail.html
http://www.channel3000.com/news/15006857/detail.html?rss=c3k&psp=news
No comments:
Post a Comment