Monday, January 26, 2009

"It is always darkest before the dawn"

This past week has been one hell of a roller coaster ride!!! This post's title was totally stolen, and I hope Ann won't mind :) She put together several posts that were very well put about the goings on of the past few weeks!

On Friday I received the following message from JCICS:

Dear prospective adoptive parents,

It is Joint Council's understanding that 17 high ranking officials of the Kyrgyz government, including the Minister of Education and the Vice-Minister of Education, have been removed from their positions. Obviously this will have an affect on in-process intercountry adoptions. It is currently unclear exactly how the changes will affect in-process cases.

As more information becomes available Joint Council will update our website.


Upon further investigation, I found the following website: http://eng.kabar.kg/2009/01/23/education-and-science-minister-of-kyrgyzstan-dismissed/. We learned that 17 high ranking government officials, including the Minister of Education and her sidekick, were fired in Kyrgyzstan. Lots of things happening this week! President Kurmanbek Bakiev has since replaced several of the positions, but to date he has not filled the MOE position. There is lots of political happenings in Kyrgyzstan and I just hope that things get resolved soon, someone gets appointed as MOE and we are all able to get our babies home soon!

I am going to continue to stay optimistic..what other choice do I have??

Tonight after work we are headed to Powderhorn for a little skiing and fun with friends! We do this trip annually and we are really looking forward to it!

So - - I will leave you with this:

Nothing in this life that is worth having comes easy...

Baby boy, you are so worth it and I will continue to wait for you! This has certainly not been easy, but I do not regret even one day. Everything that has happened in the last seven months has brought us one step closer to you. We love you and cannot wait to share our lives together with you!!

Love,
mamma

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Jes - you are so right! Every bit of this wait will be worth it when we have our kiddos home! Hope you have a wonderful trip!
Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Steal away!!! Anytime!!

Shannon said...

You're absolutely right - it WILL be so worth it! Hang in there!

Matt and Pam Bean said...

Getting a child has been the hardest thing in my life and it will be worth it, but I am optimistic that we will be home with our little ones soon. Enjoy your little trips out together and hang in there.

Pam