So far a handful of kids have made it home on US soil. For this first time, they are able to be in loving, caring homes with their Forever Families. I am so overjoyed that after all these years of fighting; these kids were finally allowed to come home.
For the rest of the families there continues to be struggles. This is especially true for the families that have kiddos at the Bishkek Baby House, which is where Akyl was. Several families have completed their bonding trip, came home, and returned to Kyrgyzstan for their court appointment, only to have the judge turn their cases away. I’m not exactly sure of all of the details -- but I do know that it’s not good. The trips alone are costing anywhere from $1,500 to $2,500 a person. This, in addition to all of the late ‘expediting fees’, is turning out to be way more expensive than any of us ever thought. There are so many of our Kyrgyz family members who continue to suffer through this mess. When will it end? Why does it continue to be so difficult?
I miss him SO MUCH. Every. Single. Day. But lately I find myself thinking – Did we get off easy?
2 comments:
Jes, I can tell you that not a day goes by that I don't wish that D had been adopted by a loving Kyrgyz family, instead of remaining trapped in the orphanage.
Jes, I know exactly what you mean - my heart continues to break that I didn't get to be Aishola's mom - but I also feel sooooo incredibly thankful that she isn't still waiting!
Post a Comment