Friday, September 21, 2012

A Thousand Years

It's not true what they say about time. It doesn't make it easier. It doesn't hurt any less.

It is true however, that as time goes on, it's easier to block for a while. But then when it hits you, it hits you just as hard as it did the day it happened.

I've spent the better part of the morning crying on my kitchen floor.

I still can't make any sense of it.

I miss him so much.

I dream about him often.

I daydream about him and his sister playing in the backyard.

I miss him.

I want him home.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

My heart hurts for you.

Pamela said...

My heart hurts with you. I experience many of the same things you mention in this post. There are times when I look at Bermet's pictures and my eyes fill up with tears...I still have her pics all over the house. Some days, I day dream about what it would be like for her to be the big sister playing alongside E and H.

You're not alone, Jes.

Kimberly said...

My heart hurts with you Jes....I so know the feeling. I dream about Aishola and miss her terribly. It's just so painful, isn't it?