I know you've seen it, but I mean really! It's just too good not to share again!!
I have never been good at witty comebacks. Never. All those years working at the middle school, and those hormone-crazed teenagers. Still nothing.
I am however really good at coming up with super awesome comebacks about two hours later. My timing is always off.
Except this once.
Just this once I was on the ball ... kind of.
Two weeks ago we had friends visit us from Wisconsin with their 7, almost 8 year old, twin boys, who happen to be Central American. We were about to head into Yellowstone for a 5-day backpacking trip so we wanted to spend the day relaxing. We headed over to the Bozeman Hot Springs for an afternoon of swimming.
Our three children, who look incredibly similar with their beautiful brown skin and dark locks of hair, were playing in one of the smaller warm pools and a middle-aged woman walked up to me and asked, while waiving her hand in the direction of our children, "So ... are they like all three the same, or what?"
I nearly fell out of my chair. I could not believe this woman!!
So I quickly replied, "What the HELL is that suppose to mean?!?"
At this point I was standing up out of my chair (since I almost fell out anyway!)
She was taken aback and replied, "The pools. Are they like all the same temperature? Or ... ?"
OHMAGAWD!!!
The one time I was ready. The ONE time -- and I end up looking like a complete jackass. I was so embarrassed I didn't even bother trying to explain myself. The pool our children were playing in was one of three along the back end of the building. THREE. Like the THREE of them. Ugh
That poor woman. Bad timing on my part, as always.
But really, how often as Adoptive parents do we get asked really inappropriate questions?
There are way more than ten -- What are some of your favorites?
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment