We are part of that 20%. We are a tattooed parents. Which of course means we're the coolest, right??
On Mother's Day as we were celebrating at a local breakfast joint, we also talked about the loss that surrounds that special day. Our family's losses. Birth parent losses. The loss that all children without parents have every single day. The three of us are so fortunate to have each other. But I have two babies. One I get the privilege of being able to parent. And one that we have lost.
I've thought about getting another tattoo for a while. I wanted something simple. So we started talking about what I would get. E gets very excited about tattoos. It was a Sunday so not something I could do that day anyway (most shops are closed Sundays).
A couple of weeks later, after picking E up from school we had the following conversation:
E: MamÃ, just go get a tattoo.
Me: I can't because they don't allow kids there.
E: Well I like it when you get a tattoo.
Me: Sorry hija, rules are rules.
E: Ok, so how about you just go there and get one and I'll stay in the car and play your phone.
We obviously didn't do that because, well, um, that's child abuse! However, this week I finally made the appointment. The small dots are birthstone colors for our family: Ryan, me, Akyl and Emilia. Each Chevron is for my two babies. Simple, but very special to me.
Do you have any ink?
Additionally, you can read about my all natural Tattoo Aftercare with Essential Oils here.
No comments:
Post a Comment