Friday, April 19, 2019

Hurt and Angst

This morning I woke up in a complete panic and crying so hard I could barely breathe.

I woke up longing to hold my son, Akyl. Panicking because I don't know where he is. If he's safe. If he's loved.

Grief is a funny thing.

Worrying about your children never goes away. Worrying about the child you aren't able to parent can sometimes be debilitating.

E and I are traveling, and so I woke up in a friend's spare bedroom, initially freaking out because it was unfamiliar. After I was able to catch my breath and roll over to find my hija lying next to me, I felt some relief.

I fully believe in the universe and that we are living the lives that were intended for us. But sometimes I absolutely HATE it. Why was our life intended to be filled with so much hurt and angst? Why was it designed so that we lose not one, but two sons?

No comments: