Monday, April 28, 2008

Pine Line...Marathon?

A few months ago Ryan signed up for some races this summer. He needs something on the books to stay focused and keep in shape. We left at 4 a.m. on Saturday morning and headed to Medford, WI. He was suppose to run the half marathon and then he planned to run an additional 8 miles with me afterwards. It was 30 degrees, snowing, and freezing rain! Once he started he figured I might not want to run in that kind of weather (good assumption!), and he decided to run the whole marathon. What a doofus. He hasn't been keeping up on his weekly mileage, and it showed :) We had a long talk on the way home about how he's too old to just go out and randomly run a freaking marathon! He's strong, and a pretty solid athlete...but 26.2 miles?? Ugh. He was back to normal in less than 48 hours. His next race is May 10th in Eagle River. He's suppose to do the marathon...I'll keep you posted!

I've been training and contemplating running a marathon. I ran my first 1/2 marathon with a friends last August and I had so much fun. 26.2 miles is a long way though. So far my training has been good. Just need to continue to make time for training. Finding an extra 2 or 3 hours on the weekend is hard!

Adoption news is at a stagnent. The Kyrgyz Embassy is still closed. We finally got the last piece of our dossier (another form changed). Now I can mail it to the courier and they'll have it all set to go for the day when the Kyrgyz Embassy opens back up. I was told by our coordinator that this shouldn't affect any referrals so that's a relief. Those kiddos need to come home to their mommas! Oh, and their daddy's too :)

No comments: