I don't know if it's coincidence or what, but in the last few days, everything for us has been scheduled for April 3rd. I also had a strange dream about our son, and I have a feeling that something significant will happen for him also on April 3rd!!
First, I've been putting off getting a haircut forever! Anyone who knows me knows that I am very anal about cutting my hair, because it's very fine, but lots of it and has to be cut different on each side to look the same. It usually takes working with a stylist for a year before she "gets" it. We've lived here now for almost 3 years and I have never been able to bring myself to make an appointment here. Mostly, I've just gone to LaCrosse! We have our big annual fundraising event for the Boys & Girls Club this weekend, so I thought it might be a good time to get my hair cleaned up. I called and made an appointment, but they can't get me in until April 3rd.
Then yesterday I was at my American Government & Politics class and my professor announced that he wouldn't be in class on April 3rd. So instead of our normal lecture, we have a short research paper due...as if I don't have enough things going on right now :)
We sent our I-600A form in about two weeks ago and on Friday we got a letter saying that we can expect to get our fingerprint appointments in 6 weeks. Bummer! On Tuesday we got another letter that says our appointment is for 9:00 a.m. on April 3rd.
I'm just hoping that April 3rd turns out to be a good day. I'll have to miss my class and instead email my paper early because we'll have to travel to Minneapolis to get our fingerprints done. Our Dossier documents are all done, but we're still waiting to receive the notarized copy of our homestudy before we can send it to the Secretary of State to get certified. Things are moving along and we just found out that we should be about 3rd on the list for a baby boy!
2 comments:
I've been thinking about you today...
I hope it has all gone well.
www.ladybug-baby.blogspot.com
Hi Jes, I found your blog through the Yahoo group where I tend to lurk and not comment :)
Sounds like we are at the exact same spot in our adoption process... maybe we will travel at the same time!
Wishing you all the best in this process!! Betsy
Post a Comment