We have had one heck of a week so far! This weekend we took our Subaru to Advanced Auto Parts to have them check the battery. It's less than two years old, but just isn't turning over right...didn't even start on Saturday! Turns out that not only the battery is pretty much shot, so is the alternator. The gentleman also noticed a "knock" in the engine. I couldn't tell you what that means, but it can't be good. His suggestion was to get rid of it before it blew and we would have to do an engine rebuild. Ouch! Up until this point it has been a great car! We still owe about $8,000 on it to boot. Ryan will be taking it in on Thursday to get an estimate on how much it'll be to replace the alternator.
I also got a letter in the mail today from Homeland Security - which is actually the USCIS. I realized last night at about 6:30 (at my last "Parenting with Love & Logic" class) that I sent out our I-600A form without our birth or marriage certificates!! This letter was to confirm that...they sent back the whole package, which I sent out last Wednesday Priority Mail. How can you forget something so simple? I was so caught up in getting everything together and making sure I had all the pieces, that I forgot to include the most important part - Identification! I'll just send it back tomorrow and pretend to start all over, like it's the first time. Ugh!
Tomorrow we go to Chippewa Falls to meet with our social worker and look at our rough draft of our homestudy. We're hoping to get this all finalized soon so we can move on in the process. I have been working on gathering our Dossier documents and should have all of that put together by the end of this week. I'm going to have to meditate extra hard this week to make sure my brain is on right!!
Now I have to go and write a simulated letter to a member of Congress about a bill in legislation for my American Government & Politics Class - due Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment