Wednesday, November 5, 2008

GObama!

What an exciting day in history! I'm certainly not one to get overly involved in politics, but I think that this is definitely history in the making and I'm glad to be a part of it.

This past weekend we were in Cary, IL for J and Hannah's reception. They got married on October 21st in Hawaii. We are so glad to be a part of their celebration. J is one of Ryan's best friend's from high school and he was also the best man in our wedding. I also got to meet a lot of Ryan's classmates...



We also had the chance to spend some time with my nieces from Kenosha. They stayed at the hotel with us on Friday and we swam and played all afternoon on Saturday. It's amazing how much things quiet down once the kid leave :) We are in for a very rude awakening..one that we absolutely are much anticipating!



No news on the adoption front. We haven't received any updates in quite some time and it is so easy to get discouraged. Right now there are some fellow PAP's visiting their babies for an interim trip. I received an email today from one of them and she let us know that she has gotten photos of Arsin and most of the other AA babies! She was also able to get some updated measurements. It's so awesome to have such good virtual friends to check in on our little ones. The wait gets tougher and tougher. Some days are certainly harder than others. Please pray that we are able to bring him home soon! In the meantime, we have confidence that he is being taken care of at the Bishkek Baby House. The last family that traveled and got pictures for us also said that Arsin is in a smaller room than all the other kids. I believe there are only 4 or 5 other babies. We also have pictures of him with his caregiver, Z.

Here's a picture of Ryan and I at J & Hannah's reception...for whatever reason we have very few pictures of us together!

3 comments:

Christina said...

Keeping you in my prayers that you guys and all the rest of us PAP's go back soon to get our babies. That is great that you are getting updated pictures and measurements of Arsin. That always makes our day.

Lori said...

SO happy for you that you are at least getting some updates. I hope soon he's with you and those updates are no longer needed!!!

Laura and Tom said...

Aren't the update photos the best?! I just love it! Beautiful picture of you and Ryan. You should put that one in a frame! Hugs, Laura (GOBama!!)