Friday, August 1, 2008

$10,597 in two weeks!

We just got word from our agency that we need to wire them $10,597 for the Kyrgyzstan governemnt fees, documents for our son, and translations for those documents. This is good news (kind of) because it brings us one more step closer to bringing Arsin home. Bad news is, we only have $4,000 in our savings. Ryan and I will be diligently working on how to get the other $7K by the second week in August!

We officially received our I-171H, yay! I actually didn't even know what it was and had to call my Social Worker and ask her what the heck they were sending me now. In previous posts I have saluted Wisconsin Secretary of State for their swift processing of our documents...sorry to say, I cannot say the same for our most recent mailing. I sent all the documents last week on Friday (Priority Mail, with pre-postage Priority envelope for return) and still have not gotten anything back. It's just one hold up after the next! I did, however, receive the MN Secretary of State docs from our homestudy agency. We are working on re-translating our documents because of the date changes on the notarizations and the new requirements for the Embassy. Today I'm going to go through and re-collate everything (again!). Dejavu anyone?

Tomorrow morning I am going to run 16 miles with one of my running partners. It's amazing we've made it this far ;) Really though, we've been training right. I've been good about trying to eat the right foods and staying really hydrated. I also try to do recovery runs...although that doesn't always work out. I'm sure to take days off, which is always good because I get to sleep in until 7 or 8! I'm excited to have made it this far, and tomorrow's run will be the longest run of my life!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Jes-I feel for you! Just yesterday I sent off our check for $11,120 and last week we only had $4,250 in our account. You'll find a way - it's what we have to do to get our kiddos home! We'll be praying for you.