Saturday, August 16, 2008

18 Miles

I am leaving this morning for my baby shower in Kenosha. As you know, I am training for the Twin Cities marathon and I have been doing my long runs on the weekends, mostly with Jen. This weekend it didn't work out with our schedules so I had to fend for myself! Luckily I have a great husband who is also a runner. I got up at 7:00 a.m., put out liquid stations (2.5, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, and 17 miles). Ryan rode his bike for the first 8.5 miles and then he ran with me for the remaining 9.5. I have to say...this has been the hardest run yet! This morning my legs are a little sore, but mostly I feel good!

In other news, our dossier made it to Washington, and should have gone to the Embassy yesterday. I'm still waiting on the official word, but it's there! What a load off!! Now if the courts could just start accepting dossiers again we'll be all good. Once your case has been reviewed in court, there is a 30 day waiting period. We are hoping for compassion from the courts that they will waive the waiting period for those of us with referrals who have been waiting so many months for them to be up and running again. We miss Arsin and love him so much - we cannot wait to bring him home!

I have been working a ton of hours lately and have not had much time to watch the Olympics. However, I discovered that a young man from Kyrgyzstan won the bronze medal for Greco-Roman wrestling! Check it out! His name is Ruslan Tiumenbaev. My husband and little brothers, Joe and Nick, have been watching and Nick was very excited the other night when I got hom to tell me that Kyrgyzstan was in the Olympics. So cool.

We are leaving shortly and I will be bringing the boys back home. It'll be differently around here without them. Nick has only been here two weeks, but we've had to much fun. It's really a bummer that I had to work so much and I couldn't spend a ton of time with them. Last night they had a bit of a wrestling match in the family room. Here's just a sneak peak...



Last week they also made a video with Ryan and I wanted to share that too!! They got their ideas from YouTube.



No comments: