This week we started back at school for in-service. Normally I'd be crazy to say that I'm glad summer break is over! I have had such a crazy, dramatic summer! I don't think I ever posted about because I didn't want to be negative, but I have been working a real crummy job ALL summer! It's a seasonal place and doesn't close until mid-summer. After the hire of a new GM and realizing it didn't work, I was appointed front of house manager. We've had a rough season and I have felt so bad about my staff. They are all young girls and we've become very close. I accepted the job because I thought that I could help and make the rest of the season go, at least better than the first half. I learned real fast that if you don't have any support, you cannot be successful. Every day it was eating at me that I couldn't do anything to make things better. I contemplated quitting several times and Ryan has been very supportive. The problem is that I make good money and right now is not a good time to give up good money! Now that school is starting all of my income from this seasonal job can go into the Arsin fund. So frustrating because nobody should have to go to work and feel like crap!
In-service started this week for the school district staff. Students come back to school next Tuesday, and I'm actually kind of excited! It's nice to be back to normal. Nice to talk with normal adults and be excited for something that really matters. I'm planning to start my after school program through the
Boys & Girls Club right away too.
There has been movement in Bishkek too! There was 5 families that have had their dossiers signed off on by the MOE. Now they are just waiting for a court date! Two more families from my agency also just learned that their dossiers left the Embassy and they are on their way to Kyrgyzstan!! This is exciting news and we can only hope that it continues in this direction. There are so many families who have been waiting so long to get their babies home!!
Here's another sneak peak at Arsin - of course he's got a fist again :)
No comments:
Post a Comment