Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school, and I never thought I'd say it, but boy am I glad to be back. Of course the drama saga continues at my other job...but now I can focus on one that really matters. Kids were crazy, classrooms were SO HOT, and teachers were all perked up and ready to start the year.

I took the day off yesterday (Labor Day) and did absolutely nothing. At one point in the day I was so irritated with myself because I should be doing something! But instead I took a 2 hour nap with my pups :)

I'm still recovering from my 22 mile run this weekend. I didn't run much last week because I've been having some issues with my hip. I went to the chiropractor last Monday and got adjusted and that seemed to help a little bit, but not much. It must be a ball and socket issue. I felt good for about the first 6 miles, and then started to get a shooting pain down my leg. I'm stubborn of course so I pushed through the next 16 miles in agonizing pain. The last two miles I was just pissed. I feel really bad about being so grumpy to my running partners, but I couldn't take the pain anymore and there was nothing I could do. It hurt worse to walk than run, so I continued on. There wasn't anywhere on the route to turn off and shorten the distance...knowing that was a killer! When we finished at the driveway, we had to walk another .25 mile to the cabin. Once at the cabin I just began to sob. That probably lasted for about 20 minutes. Eventually I made my way to the cold lake and tipped in off the dock (couldn't jump, it would've hurt too much!) I stayed in for about 20 minutes until I couldn't take the shock anymore. Worst of it all is that I had to go and work all night!! I am still sore today and my hip is still hurting. The bottoms of my feet actually feel bruised, and I am going to the clinic tomorrow to make sure that I don't have any stress fractures. My training has been really good up until this point - no injuries, not even barely sore! I really hope that I didn't injure myself so much that I cannot continue to train or do the marathon.

No news on the adoption front. I sent an email to our coordinator several days ago and still have not heard a response. The movement in Bishkek and the signing of the five dossiers is definitely good news...they just need to keep moving!!!

Here's another snipet of our little man...double fisted this time!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh boy, Jes. Be careful with your running! - from your friendly physical therapist. ;)
And yes, praying things continue to work back to normal with the adoption!
Bless you, and be careful with the running. You have a lot of years to lug around this body. :)
-Lisa

Lori said...

My favorite thing about your boy already is his spirit! I LOVE the fists!! Bring them on! Can't wait to see the sweet face they match!