Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Istanbul!

My flight from MSP to JFK was uneventful. Donna and I met at the Gate for our flight to Istanbul ... how fun!!! On the way to Istanbul there was a gentlemen who was either drunk or in severe pain. In any event, it made the flight quite interesting. In the last hour, we also had a man on the way to the bathroom vomit all over the seat right in front of us. Ick! I do have to say though, that the 10 hour flight wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be.

We met a nice young man on the plan traveling for business. We asked his to join us on our mini tour of the Istanbul. We got visas from the airport had a Taksi (taxi) and they brought us downtown. We visited some really beautifl mosques and an underground water well! So cool. I also bought a Turkish pashmina scarf. I cannot believe that Istanbul has 15 million people! They really are beautiful people!!

So far Donna and I are having a blast!



Blue Mosque




No comments: