Sunday, March 22, 2009

Tien Shan Mountains

We visited a restaurant in the Tien Shan Mountains called 12 Chimneys. What a beautiful mountain range!!! The pictures don't nearly show the real beauty of these vast mountains! Such an amazing view...for miles and miles!!!







Today we had to go late again to the BBH (Bishkek Baby House) and our time was cut considerably short. I am still very grateful for any time I get to spend with A. He recognized me right away and reached for me when his caregiver walked him to the door. We played hard and gazed into each other's eyes. He tried to eat my camera again ... this boy is going to be a photographer! He was also saying "Da, da, da". In Russian it means "yes", but I'll pretend he's saying dada like dad!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so lucky to have gotten to the mountains. I made it half way there my last visit. Loving the photos and the snippits of your day. Baby A is absolutely stunning. I love his smile. Continue to savor every moment and be safe.

Maria said...

Oh, Jes, just reading your posts makes me nostalgic for Kyrgyzstan. The mountains ARE so breathtaking and we didn't get to see them in the winter so I imagine they are extraordinary now. I think it's cool you got to celebrate Spring Equinox there. I know where you were -- I recognize it -- and I think that's a great memory you can share with A. one day. I LOVE the outfit and bib and am so thankful you were able to spend his birthday with him. What a blessing. He will be remembered next Sunday at Ellie's party. I'll update the blog with how we are chosing to remember all the babies who are still not home with their families. Have a great time and enjoy your time with the little man!

Kimberly said...

Oh I am so glad you were able to make it to 12 Chimneys - I really enjoyed the drive and the views when I was there last August! Maybe we can swap some photos when you get back - I'd love to have some from the Winter. That Arsin looks so hugable!

Laura and Tom said...

Fantastic pictures! Arsin is such a cutie. I think he is saying 'yes' 'yes' 'yes' I want to play with my mommy!

Pamela said...

This post (and the others from your trip) make me long to be there visiting my little one, too. I'm so happy that you were able to make the trip...the memories that you will take home with you are powerful and will always remind you of the incredible journey to unite Arsin with your family.

Can't wait to see more pics and read more posts.

Matt and Pam Bean said...

YOu definitely got that litte one smiling. I am amazed at all the other sites you got to see on your short trip there, I am jealous. I didn't get to see half the stuff and I was there for two weeks. Lucky girl!!!